Have you been good this year? We are positive that you have; which means that Santa is going to be good to you in return! We want all our patients and those that aren’t, to enjoy all the goodies that Christmas season brings, but we also want to make sure that you maintain your oral health during this wonderful time of year!
It’s The Most Wonderful Time of The Year!
Your oral health is very important no matter what time of the year it is, so how about beginning 2015 with a great start!
Here are a few helpful reminders that will ensure that your oral health in 2015 is on the right track!
- Remember to brush your teeth at least twice a day, every day! When you don’t, the plaque builds up on the tooth’s surface and causes tooth decay.
- Always brush your teeth with a fluoride toothpaste to help prevent tooth decay.
- Be sure to floss your teeth at least once a day. You don’t realize all the stuff brushing alone misses until you actually floss. You’ll find yourself asking, “Whoa, how long has that been there?”
- If you’re not already, incorporate an antimicrobial mouth rinse into your daily routine. The added bonus is helping keep a control on plaque
- Remember to throw out that toothbrush after you’ve had a run with an illness. Even a minor cold. If you don’t, you’ll be brushing your pearly whites with the same germs that made you feel horrible!
- Be sure to schedule (and keep) your dental appointments for the new year! Regular cleanings, checkups and exams are important in maintaining healthy teeth and gums!
A New Year to Smile About!
Most of these oral health practices I’m certain you’re already doing, and the ones you might not be, means that 2015 is the perfect time to start! A new year is a great way to start making resolutions you can keep!
~ Dr. Rhea Haugseth